Friday, January 25, 2008

Results of our Student Polls:

(1)
Students were asked if the following were true:

Will it be hard for you to find a job? 43% said yes.
Sometimes I am hungry: 37%
No one loves me: 43%
My education is not good: 68% agreed
My life will be hard in the future: 62%
Someone in my family uses betel nut, cigarettes, alcohol: 50%
There are not enough things to do in Chuuk: 56%
There is violence in my community: 62%

(2)
What do you plan to do after high school?
Go to COMFSM or Chuuk Campus: 15%
Go to college outside FSM: 38%
Get a job in the FSM: 0%
Leave FSM & get a job: 0%
I don’t know: 46%

1 comment:

Christine Jade said...

it's sad and it's shameful to talk about the poor and the ugly of our island chuuk. please let me know what we can do to help. I'm a concern citizen and I'm residing in hawaii..